Meet our signature Cocoon Coat - a boxy, wide cut and one size coat, cut in a slightly slimmer version to our Cocoon Coats in other fabrics.
- Dropped shoulders which taper into semi-fitted sleeves; the narrow sleeves provide shape to the oversized body
- Broad welt side pockets
- Falls to just under the knee
- Closes in the front with a hidden placket and coconut-shell buttons
- Crafted in elegant and luxurious raw dupioni silk, hand spun and hand woven. Fully lined in a hand woven silk/cotton blend that has been hand block printed in natural resin dyes in the discharge technique in tiny polka dots. We love to turn back the cuffs and let a little of this ultra charming polka pattern show.
SIZE & CARE
- Oversized with a relaxed silhouette, suitable for S-M/L
- Length 38"
- Cross-body 28"
- Sleeve length 22" and circumference at opening 11"
- The model is 5'9"
Measurements taken flat so double where necessary; +/- a tolerance inherent to hand made clothing.
- Fabric: Outer - 100% raw dupioni silk; lining - 50% silk/50% cotton blend
- Handfeel: Raw silk is slubbed, crisp and lustrous. Inner silk/cotton is soft and light
- Care: Dry cleaning recommended
- Origin: Bihar, India
Raw silks, like this Dupioni silk, are woven from the leftover waste of silk cocoons. Hand spun and woven in Bihar by a government-supported weavers association, the raw silk yarn is woven onto a warp of fine silk which creates a crisp, beautifully slubbed and lustrous cloth.
We're quite proud of the beautiful lining we've used for these coats. A super light and soft blend of silk and cotton is first hand woven by our Fair Trade-registered partner in West Bengal, then block printed in Bangalore using hand block printed discharge technique in GOTS certified dyes. Any variations or irregularities are part of the design and inherent to the production process.